cute amigurumi, crafts, patterns, and more!

Pages

Removed patterns from Craftsy


I decided to remove all my patterns off of Craftsy. When I first got that email I thought they were going to finally have listing or commission fees. It costs a lot of money to maintain a website full of people's shops.

I think the only reason why it's been free for this long is so all the content (free or otherwise) provided by designers has been helping drive traffic to their site so people will buy their classes and products.

I'm not sure what has happened to the site in the past years, I think it got bought out... but I don't see a point in keeping my patterns on there anymore because only a small portion of your patterns will be good enough to stay on there. I'd rather focus on venues that will allow me to keep all my patterns.

So many designers already had their entire shops removed which doesn't really seem fair. Many people including me depended on Craftsy to make a living. You can find all my patterns on Ravelry and LoveKnitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...