cute amigurumi, crafts, patterns, and more!

Pages

Angel Wings Baby Dress


I made a baby dress for a friend using the Angel Wings Pinafore Pattern by Maxine Gonser. I love crochet shell stitch dresses!! The pattern is for 0-3 months size but I wanted to make it in 9-12 months size so it'll fit during summer (or later most likely since the baby seems to be extra small!).

Instead of using the hook and yarn weight specified, I used I/5.5mm hook and Red Heart Super Savers yarn. It ended up fitting my 6 month old and he wears 9-12 month clothes.

I made a flower button using a B/2.25mm hook and Knit Picks Shined Worsted:

R1: Ch 2, 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Sl st in first sc to join.
R2: *Ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2, sl st into same st. Sl st in next st.* Repeat from * to end. (5 petals)

I was drawn to this pattern because of Gabeycakes's version on Ravelry:



Cute buttons and the yarn is a pretty color! It's NaturallyCaron.com Spa in Ocean Spray.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anda, I was checking out the blog space to make a pinafore dress for my baby and came across your blog. The dress is lovely :-)

    Could you tell me how many stitches you made for the basic chain at the beginning for you 6 month old baby?

    Resmi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I did the same as the pattern (52) but used a yarn 2 sizes bigger than what the pattern used.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...